I lived among the zillions of lives that God has created. And this is my chronicles...
But is this 'fantasy or fact' that you witness?
[Please do not copy, modify or publicize any of my artwork without my permission. Copyright © 2006 Tobey

(Realplayer required for listening.)

Monday, October 16, 2006

Boys to Men...

Time flies... 2 years & 2 months have flew past in 'our' lives...
We are now officially civilians, NSMen...
And no longer NSFs anymore...
(Army terms, pardon me ladies...)


'We', refers to the group of gentlemen from the 48th PTP Enhanced Batch of Delta Company, School One, BMTC, P.Tekong...

Section 1 Section 2 Section 3 Section 4

We started off as strangers, yet we spent almost 4 months together exploring the start of a new milestone of our lives. We had lots of fun... and loads of memories...

I still recall my bunk mates counting down to POP...
I still recall Adil saying "Goodnight" to everyone before we knock out...
I still recall Jared & I racing just for the the morning papers...
I still recall the guys running in and out of the washroom in their undies...
Haha... Those were the days...


Actually, many might dread National Service...
But for me, I think it does do Singaporean boys good...
Well, for a modernised country and so well-to-do, our children do get too pampered and take things for granted... 2 years of NS really 'wakes up their idea'...
To me, the National Service is really a training of your mental & physical powers.
It's a place where guys will go thru all emotions together where they've never done before... Joy, Fun, Anger, Vindication, Endurance, ...
But well, maybe once is enough... Haha

Well, Today I had organised a dinner gathering for all of us to catch up...
Really glad that most could come, except PC 1WO Karna & PS 2SG Randale...
as they were caught up with their work...

Those who turned up
  • Ah Xiang (Regular)
  • Sam (Further studying)
  • Zulhilmi
  • Adil
  • Gordon (Job Hunting)
  • Mingming (Job Hunting)
  • Yanguang (NUS)
  • Richard
  • Fabian (Job Hunting)
  • Wei Zhong
  • Beng Siong (Job Hunting)
  • Bang Lun
  • Jincong
  • WeiChong (Working)
  • Jared (Part-timer den Further Studying)
  • Marcus (Further Studying)
  • TeckBoon (Job Hunting)
  • HongThia (Regular)
  • Reuben (Further Studying)

    Call me religious or superstitious, but as a Christian, I pray that may God put His graceful, blessing hands over all these names & those who couldn't make it... For those who are working, let them be able to find a job, and those studying... be able to cope with their studies.. And those who are still regular, pls do not let them get hurt, as they are probably supporting their families too. Keep them strong, healthy and blessed.

    I am so gonna miss u guys man... LOL...
    All the best man brothers, let me know if I can ever be of any help...

    [16 Aug 04 - 02 Dec 04]

    BAND OF BROTHERS! BAND OF DRAGONS!

    "ORD LOH......"

    -------------------------------------------------------

    Man... Now that I've finished my National Service...
    I suddenly feel very weird... I feel kinda insecure
    I have gone thru 6 years of primary school, 4 years of secondary school, 3 years of Poly, 2 years of National Service... What's next?
    There doesn't seem to be any milestone left for me to step onto except one...
    [Step into the world]
    Sigh... I have finally become an adult. Become an uncle.
    I feel like half of my life has already flashed past...
    I am seeing things so numb now...
    I see people chasing over money, fame and life partners...
    Me? I dunno? Sigh...
    I've learnt that I dun live to please people...
    and that I should not crave for attention from people...
    But an observation tells me that Humans have always been looking 4 acknowledgement from Humans... Eg. Why does everyone have an MSN account? Why do people anticipate birthday surprises? Why does people bother to update their Friendster accounts and beautify it? (I hope I din offend anyone)

    I suddenly remember my secondary friend 'LongTong', who committed suicide 9 years back(Due to stress)... Gosh, it's been 9 years already... Years are just flying past... My God... I dun wanna think anymore...

    I need a friend... err... what am i saying...?
    [Never mind... I think I am going crazy... LOL]
    I'm guess I'm going thru my mid-life crisis now...

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home