I lived among the zillions of lives that God has created. And this is my chronicles...
But is this 'fantasy or fact' that you witness?
[Please do not copy, modify or publicize any of my artwork without my permission. Copyright © 2006 Tobey

(Realplayer required for listening.)

Friday, October 13, 2006

My strength is in you Lord...

Haven't been blogging much lately...
Have been very busy with work lately...
And kinda stress out...
Headache, stress... and I'm down with a cold & fever...

October has just so many activities this yr...

This week have been a really emotional week...
Not that I was emotional... But there were happy and sad moments...

Monday - VivoCity Day
Went to see the VivoCity @ HarbourFront with Yolanda, Weilin & HuiXian...
The roof floor was beautiful, awesomely designed & scenic, especially at night.
And the playground there was beautiful and fun.
Th girls were really having a great time there and they had lots of fun taking photos in the tunnel of stars...

Tuesday - KFC treat (Hope Anniversary thanksgiving)
Steven met up with all the multimedia gang who helped out in the church anniversary and gave a big KFC treat to all. Marsli, Windez, Peter, Levi, Bernice, etc... were there too. The evening was blessing and fulfilling. Thank God for the food and for Steven...

Wednesday - Pre Weilin's Birthday Preparations
Met up with Clarence after work to recce Esplanade so as to plan for Weilin's birthday surprise... Refer to email for more information...

Thursday - Weilin's birthday
She had been hurt in the past... Feeling neglected during her b'days for the past years...
Never got to really celebrate her birthday with her family...
To her, birthday was just a day to hold her emotions in....

Well, the CG was really unsure how to celebrate her birthday...
And some couldn't make it on the actual day...
Thus, Jennifer decided to do it after service last Sunday...
And so we did. With no proper planning, we just bought a cake and gave her a surprised be-early celebration...

And on the actual day, we knew surprises wouldn't be anything surprising to her anyway.. and so...
We laid a surprise over a surprise...
[Well, some things couldn't go according to plan as there were quite a number of pple who fell sick or had to go for night school]
1. BCG over dinner @ Thai Express (Esplanade)
She loves the Esplanade, goes there to draw and enjoy the breeze
2. On the way there from the MRT, Yolanda got a passerby (male) to hand her a rose that she bought earlier...
3. At Thai Express, the girls and Clarence had a simple dinner and Yolanda prepared a small cake for Weilin
4. While I was at the rooftop terrace setting up candles and sparklers...
I also laid affirmation 'flowers' all over the ground...
With the help of Clarence & Zhen Ru too..
5. After their dinner, Yolanda then brought the birthday girl up...
And there we let her play with the sparklers and to pick her own 'flowers' of affirmation...
6. I sang a song (Couldn't managed to learn the chords in time)

I'm glad Weilin was touched & healed from that wound people had left in her back then.

Friday - NRIC Day / Siew Ing flying back home...
Upon this week... There goes my ORD ticker in this blog...
I will be ORDing on Sunday... Wow... Time really flies...
So.. was told to go back camp to collect my NRIC...
But my officer was pissed off with my performance...
Well, the story is that I was working on some ops manual for him before I cleared my leave for ORD. and it required the higher authority to approve and vet the contents
By the time it was approved, I was already clearing my leave...
And my officer insist that I finished up the ops manual...
"Why make me come back to work on it when there are other NS boys?", I thought
Hmmm... But i felt bad after hearing that my officer stayed back late nights to work on it... In the end, he made me waste a whole day waiting for him to release my IC...
Felt angry (for his childish), Felt bad (for making him stay late in office), Felt sad (lots of memories in the army), Felt happy (Finally, out of this shitty organisation) A 'rojak' of emotions...

In the evening, went to meet Siew Ing for dinner before she flys back tomorrow.
As time went by, unnoticingly, Siew Ing had saturated into our CG...
And we had already made her part of our family...
(Remember when she just came into our CG to join us...)

And as she struggled to find a job...
It pains my heart to see her so struggling...
Especially when she was in grievence over the loss of a friend.
Although the gathering was short and we just chit chat...
I thanked God for her and her contributions to the care group...
Siew Ing, though it's gonna be a month till we see you again...
But we're gonna miss u so much...
Take good care & share ya great testimonies back at home!!!

Phew... What a week...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home