I lived among the zillions of lives that God has created. And this is my chronicles...
But is this 'fantasy or fact' that you witness?
[Please do not copy, modify or publicize any of my artwork without my permission. Copyright © 2006 Tobey

(Realplayer required for listening.)

Friday, April 14, 2006

'Minus 16' - Hark's Cafe

Bumped into Joseph at City Hall last night...
Never expected to see him there...

Due to his crazy sleeping habit...
Now he can't sleep in the night... and urges for 'Nightlife'
Crazy fellow.. So he insist to visit some clubs/pubs...
But after i told him the 'cover charge'...
He changed his mind (=S)

Then... I suddenly remembered about his birthday party and ask if he had made any reservations at his '民歌餐厅' yet? And he was like reminded... "Oh yah... haven done it yet... accompany me...can?"

So, we went to the Music Dreamers Cafe at Marina Square. But it was closing... THAT was one popular place among the local singers. E.g. Nick Shen... And so, we proceeded to the Hark's Music Cafe that Joseph was toking about. He mentioned that Amber recommended it.

So we arrived at Hark's...
Wow... The ambience looked nice in the inside. The staff were very good too. Though the stuff was a little pricy. But well, guess it was worth it. Joseph and I both ordered fizzy soda. And he ordered a plate of fries. Nice. Like the chips...



Saw that they had this theme called 'Unplugged Karaoke'
And we saw customers making dedications & going up to sing. The musicians were really great. They were even playing latest songs like 'Kiss Goodbye'. So Joseph and I decided to give it a try too.



Little did i know that it was their 'challenge' night...


But well, Joseph went up first... and sang '你那么爱她'. Initiially, felt it was wavering... but when it picked up... The whole cafe stopped to listened... I was touched. 我被感动了. Then, i think the supervisor/manager of the cafe approached Joseph and invited him to join the monthly Hark contest. Cool...

A great job well done. Following that, the other customers sang songs like 'Kiss Goodbye' and '写一首歌'... Seems like they'd lost my dedication slip. So I went to check... and was made the last singer for the night...

Really didn't know wad to sing...
So I just sang [枫] and Joseph reminded me that our key was '-4' because that was wad we could reach the last time at K-Box. Then, as i approached the stage, I told the host/guitarist that my key was -4. And he was like... "wah, so fast come up tell me -4 ah... hehe... pro sia... ok... -4 will be A" So i tested the first word... And then he said "Wah... Even your first word is already on 'A' "

I was like thinking...
'Err... Oh shit... too much hope = too much disappointment' (>_< )

So there goes... music started... I sang the song...
Was really scared of 破声, so i sang as low as possible...
"乌云在我们心里刻下一块阴影..."

Then.. i got to the chorus part... and the host said...
"Err... Why dun we try another style... We rap the chorus??"
I was like... "err okayz"... so I tried to pick up...

Then halfway, the host couldn't take it and he said...
"Well, usually we have a teacher & guidance session on Monday, but well, let's see wad we can do here. Now, Tobey... when u came up, u requested for -4 key, but do u know that u r actually singing -16... You sounded like you were reading the text. You should sing in this key..."

"缓缓掉落的枫叶像思念..."

And so, i followed him... And he was like "yah... that's right!!!! keep it this way... let's start to sing from the chorus again using this key" & so i did. And everyone was like "WOAH"... LoL... The pianist was like "Hey, actually... he has a nice voice leh..." (My ego grew... [>_< ])

The music softened down and the host asked me to 'close' for the night... I was like stuttering... "Err ok, thank u all for coming to Hark's cafe and wishing all a safe journey home"

And the chorus music pick up again... And i finished it off... ♪
"缓缓掉落的枫叶像思念... "

Cool... Haha... thanks teacher!!! Though I really made a lot of mistakes and forgot quite some parts of the song... Really had a great time today...
Learned a lot... Now I have a new hangout to go... LOL...

If u guys are interested, feel free to vist them here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home