I lived among the zillions of lives that God has created. And this is my chronicles...
But is this 'fantasy or fact' that you witness?
[Please do not copy, modify or publicize any of my artwork without my permission. Copyright © 2006 Tobey

(Realplayer required for listening.)

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Back from Gump... I mean...Camp...

Back from Melacca, back from camp...

Asking me how was camp?
Well......
for those who didn't go, or couldn't go...
You guys sure missed out loads of fun & blessings...


On day 1, we left Newton @ 0800hrs... Headed towards the 2nd link...
Travelled along the highway... Sleepy... zZzZz...
Reached Mahkota Shopping Center @ Melacca around 1 plus...
Went 'Shopping' and had lunch there...
Reach Riveria Bay Resort @ around 2 plus...
Got room keys... [416]... Jerry was supposed to join me...
But too bad, he had some commitments back at Sg.
Happily, i tot i had the whole room to myself... hehe...
But Charlie swopped my room with Kehan & Gerald...
And so... I joined Charlie and Tianhan in their 2 rooms suite...Hehe...
Had welcome ceremony in the evening... and a rehearsal for the 'Kawan Showcase'

Following that were workshops and teachings. The workshop was so cool. Especially the one by Yien Shen. "Joy-filled Life". It was like a drama workshop. So fun. Seeing life at the many different angles. For the Kawan Showcase, things cropped up a little... The multimedia part... Props and stuff... but we managed to pull thru... thank God..
Now the whole church recognises me as Baby Forrest Gump. Ahhhhh... Even Pastor Jeff was like, "Hey, Forrest... what's ya name ahh?"

The other teams were also very good. Loved the 3 little pigs one... [Chang Shung(Clarence Ng's Kawan) was so cute as the 1st pig.]
And the musical teams... were so touching. I bet Eugene put a lot of work into it.

My beloved family

The camp was a little tight scheduled... Not enuff sleep everyday.
Yet so many activities...
Can faintz sia...
But God was great all the time. Made lots of frens...
Strengthened our bond among the CG.
Honest, after the camp...
I love my CG now so much.
They are like a family to me....


Overall, it was fun and blessed.
But the service there and hygience sucks big time.
The lights in our room blew out in a bunch leaving the room semi-lit.
Asked for house-keeping & they took like half to more than a day to come.
Tianhan mentioned that he smelled stale frozen chicken used in the chicken curry from the lunch buffet... Arrgghhh...
The water running from the tap faucet was also either brown or green.
(Mind u, we wasn't observant on the first day... and the few of us had this natural brew with our complimentary coffee sachlets. Urrghh... FYI, Kehan was enjoying the coffee lor... LMAO =X)


Got to know some new Kawans...
Eugene Wong (NG12C) - Shared my bed with him [Part-Timer]
Grace Lim (NG9B3) - My lovely Kawan. Very prettily dressed in pink.
Priscillia (NG9B2) - I'm her Kawan. So sweet of her. She got me a nike bag.
Delwin (NG1C3) - My 'speed friend'
Sui Yao (NG1C3) - My 'speed friend'
Jack (NG5A3) - My 'speed friend'
Merissa (NG5B1) - My 'speed friend'
Dorcas (AG3) - My 'speed friend'
& of course, our Forrest Gump folks from NG9A...
Patrick did a great job...


Pictures © copyrighted from Amber & Tianhan. 2006

*Oh, some testimonials to share...
On the first day of the welcome ceremony, we were told to scribble down our thoughts on the mahjong 'wall'papers in the ballroom. And I wrote with my crayon...

† "May God bless all a fruitful camp, with gifts, health, wisdom and loads of blessings when we return"

^_^ He answered my prayer!!! And he showed his covenant!!! Right outside the hotel lobby, facing the shore/horizon on the second evening. (We were having lunch) There's big rainbow that stretches from the clouds to the horizon. So thick and visible. And that was the greatest gift God gave me in the camp. His covenant. I love you, Daddy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home