I lived among the zillions of lives that God has created. And this is my chronicles...
But is this 'fantasy or fact' that you witness?
[Please do not copy, modify or publicize any of my artwork without my permission. Copyright © 2006 Tobey

(Realplayer required for listening.)

Friday, July 01, 2005

A day of emotions, A day of memories...

[131204 - 010705]


Today is a very special day, and I have lots to share with you guys.

I went through a lot of things these days, and I learned a lot from Sergeant Malcolm which enlightened me a lot...

The army seems to us like it is a very tough occupation, but seriously, it is something that all men should go through. Haha... (Surprised?) While serving our national service, we do go through a lot of emotions every day. Unhappiness, jealousy, satisfaction, envy, boredom and fear... Who goes through all these in their lives everyday? Rarely... and it is all these that the boys will mature into men someday...

NS is all but just a training of the mind & the body... If u really can’t train ya body anymore, train ya mind. Be “strong”...

Had watched “Band of brothers” with Mark, Jesper, Zhen Nan, Sgt Malcolm & Sgt Tiong @ TP while doing our guard duty yesterday. Guarding the exhibit items for SAF day... It really touched me how a group of male strangers who didn’t knew each other at all, fought & sacrificed for the defense of the country together, in the WWII... Many died at the age of 20s, and for those who are still living (in their 80s)... holds tight to the unforgettable memories back 60 years ago...

I ‘finally’ left the scout platoon of 3SIR today, PC See Mite informed me only at 1600hr that I’m posted to TRADOC @ Pasir Lebar camp as a clerk (8-5, of coz), from 4th July onwards. The feeling that I had, always longing to leave Selarang camp suddenly vanished... Instead, wad got over me was a feeling... (Or should I say) “Sense of belonging”...

7 months of friendship with all my scout mates...
Boeing, Desmond, Mark, Zhexi, Bernard, Kenny, Gary, Kiwi, Guosheng, SenSian, Lawrence, Aik Soon, Weiting, Jesper, Jianjie & etc...
From Selarang -> SDC -> ISPC (PLC) -> Brunei (Lakuin) -> CBS, those were the great chains of memories... even though I didn’t participate most of the activities with them =P. But we went thru some equivalent shit together still... ^_^
Playing UNO & RISK in the bunk, “smoking out” together from the superiors, watching movies together...

Suddenly, *poof*... my life has moved on without them in the picture... feels a bit weird... “Guess this is life”... I am really gonna miss these guys so much... “Brothers, as the days move on, I wanna encourage you guys to be strong... and not like me... But like the tagline in “Band of Brothers”... [We stand alone together]... Do not regret the memories you create... “

Thanks for all and everything we had during these 7 months...

- Thanks -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home